1 1/2- 2 cups idli batter
1/2 cup drumstick leaves/ muringayila, cleaned
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp oil
- Remove the drumstick leaves/ muringayila from its stem,wash it and chop it roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped green chillies and mix well.
- Add the cleaned drumstick leaves and saute for 1-2 minutes on low flame. Remove it from the flame.
- Then add this to the idli batter and mix well.
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and pour the idli batter in the moulds.
- Place them in the steamer, close with a tight lid and steam cook on medium flame for about 15 minutes or until idlis get cooked well.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool. Then remove the idlis from the moulds using the spoon and serve with sambar/ kadala curry / chutney…..