1 bitter gourd / pavakka/ kaipakka, chopped into pieces
50 gm unakka chemmeen / dried prawns
18-20 shallots, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
2 tsp tamarind extract
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp chilli powder
few curry leaves
salt to taste
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp oil
- Clean the dried prawns and fry in a pan for 4-5 minutes in a low flame without adding oil and keep it aside.
- In a pan, roast grated coconut, 3 shallots chopped and few curry leaves till brown. Then add chilli powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and then grind it in a blender to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Cook chopped pavakka with 15-16 chopped shallots, chopped tomato, green chillies, little tamarind extract and salt adding little water.
- When it is cooked, add dried prawns and cook for 8-10 minutes or till done.
- Then add the ground coconut paste to this and mix well. When it boils well, remove it from the flame.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves and fry and pour this seasoning over the curry. Serve hot …