250 gm boneless chicken
250 gm rice flour
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp crushed red chilly
1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Cook chicken with pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt adding enough water. Then shred/ mince it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped ginger, garlic and onion and saute well.
- Add minced chicken and saute well for 2 -3 minutes.
- Then add crushed red chilly and chopped curry leaves and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and remove from the flame.
- In a bowl, mix rice flour and salt and add the required amount of boiling water little by little and mix thoroughly with a wooden spatula to a thick batter/ dough.
- Mix half of the prepared chicken masala/ filling to this dough and mix well.
- Grease the banana leaves lightly with oil. Place little dough on the leaf and flatten it thin with finger.
- Spread a spoonful of chicken masala on it and gently fold the leaf in half and press the edges to seal.
10. Repeat the same process with the remaining dough and masala.
11. Place the adas in a steamer and steam cook for 10-15 minutes..Serve it as a breakfast or as a snack…