1/2 kg king fish / ayakoora/ neymeen
2 onions, finely chopped
4 green chillies, slit
1 cup grated coconut
1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 big garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp fennel powder
2 tsp pepper powder
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
- Cut the fish into small pieces and clean it. Then cook it with 1 tsp turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt adding enough water till all the water dries up and the fish is cooked.
- Then remove the bones from cooked fish and break / shred each fish piece into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute well.
- Add green chillies, garlic, 1/2-3/4 tsp turmeric powder, fennel powder, grated coconut, curry leaves and salt and saute well till brown.
- Add shredded fish pieces, mix well and cook covered on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Then cook uncovered stirring continuously on medium flame for about 3-4 minutes . Remove from the flame and serve with rice / chapati….