3 cups / 1/2 kg carrots, grated
2 1/2 cup milk
3/4 -1 cup sugar ( adjust to your taste)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
3 tbsp ghee
6-8 roasted cashew nuts, chopped
- In a thick bottomed pan, add the grated carrots and a tbsp of ghee and saute it in medium flame for 3-4 minutes till the raw smell leaves and it turns pale in color.
- Add milk to this and bring to a boil. Cook it on medium flame until the carrot gets cooked and the milk is almost reduced.
- Then add the sugar and keep stirring for about 7-10 minutes.
- When the mixture starts thickening, add 2 tbsp ghee, cardamom powder and roasted cashew nuts.
- Keep stirring for another 3-4 minutes until the halwa starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Switch off the flame and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with chopped cashew nuts and serve hot/ warm with vanilla ice cream…