1 cup pachari/ raw rice
1/2-3/4 cup cherupayar/ green gram
1 cup muringayila / drumstick leaves
1 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
- Wash the rice and green gram in water. Grind the grated coconut adding about 3/4 cup of water and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, cook the rice and green gram by adding about 4-5 cups of water on medium flame for 4-5 whistles until the rice is cooked well.
- Once the pressure releases, open the lid and add the cleaned drumstick leaves, little water and salt and mix well.
- Then add the ground coconut to the cooked kanji and bring it to boil on medium low heat, stirring in between.
- Check for salt and if the kanji is too thick, add little more hot water and mix well. Remove from flame and serve hot….
- While serving if the kanji is too thick, you can add warm water according to your choice of consistency…
- Instead of grinding the coconut, you can also add coconut crushed well with your hand..