1 chicken ( 1 1/4- 1 1/2 kg), cut into pieces
4 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger, chopped
2 onions, finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2-1 tsp crushed pepper
2 piece cinnamon
8 tbsp yoghurt (less sour)
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 cup oil
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add sliced onions and fry till golden brown in batches and keep it aside.
- Reduce the flame and in the same pan, add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger and saute well till raw smell disappears.
- Then add finely chopped onions and saute well till golden brown.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces and saute for 5 minutes till all the water dries up.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and mix well. Add the crushed pepper and mix well.
- Now add 1 cup of water to this and cook covered till done.
- In the meantime, grind fried onions with yoghurt to a paste. Add this paste to the cooked chicken , mix well and boil for 5 minutes.
- Check for salt and add if required. Add chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame. Serve hot with chapati, naan, ghee rice etc…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven
Manpasand chicken looks yummy.. sab ki pasand !