2 medium zucchini / courgette ( about 2 cups)
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 dried red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop zucchini into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, urad dal, dried red chillies and curry leaves and mix well.
- Add grated coconut, crushed garlic, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chopped zucchini and salt and mix well to coat with the spices.
- Cover and cook on low flame for about 8-10 minutes till done, stirring occasionally. Remove from flame and serve hot with rice…
- You can also prepare this thoran without peeling the skin of zucchini.
Looks yummy.. I will try it out.
Yum!! This looks delicious! I wish I saw this earlier. I just had dinner!
Thoran looks good to go with some hot rice