2 big drumsticks, cut into pieces
1 cup brinjal, thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, sliced
1/2 tsp garlic, sliced
1 1/2 tsp crushed chilli
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- In a pan, cook the drumsticks adding little turmeric powder, salt and enough water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add sliced ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onion and curry leaves and saute well till onion turns transparent.
- Add thinly sliced brinjal and salt and saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and chopped tomato and mix well. Add crushed chilli and coriander powder to this and mix well till tomato turns soft.
- Now add the cooked drumstick along with its water and and cook till all the water dries up and the masala is well coated with the vegetables.
- Remove from the flame and serve with rice…
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste 🙂