2 big carrots, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 big green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup yoghurt, beaten
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add cubed carrots and cook it adding 1 1/2 water till soft. Allow it to cool and then grind it along with its cooked water to a smooth puree and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds together to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a large pan, add carrot puree, ground coconut paste and salt and mix well.
- Add water according to your consistency and heat well, stirring continuously. Don’t allow to boil.
- Switch off the flame and transfer to a bowl. Allow it to cool and then add beaten yoghurt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds.Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies and pour this over the pulissery… Serve with rice..
Just today my neighbour was saying about carrot pulissery and it being a new thing to me I thought I should try it.. and now I come back I find the recipe here :).. will try it…looks good
Adding carrots is a nice touch. Looks yummy.