2 big carrots, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 big green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup yoghurt, beaten
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add cubed carrots and cook it adding 1 1/2 water till soft. Allow it to cool and then grind it along with its cooked water to a smooth puree and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds together to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a large pan, add carrot puree, ground coconut paste and salt and mix well.
- Add water according to your consistency and heat well, stirring continuously. Don’t allow to boil.
- Switch off the flame and transfer to a bowl. Allow it to cool and then add beaten yoghurt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds.Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies and pour this over the pulissery… Serve with rice..