3 medium potatoes
1 big onion, chopped
4 green chillies, slit
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 sprig curry leaves
3/4 cup thin coconut milk
1/4 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop potatoes into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well till onion turns transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala and mix well on low flame.
- Then add chopped potatoes and salt, mix well and cook it adding enough water.
- When potatoes are cooked, add thin coconut milk, pepper powder and curry leaves and boil it for 5-7 minutes.
- Then add thick coconut milk and heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the flame and serve with vellayappam, idiyappam etc…
I love the flavor of coconut milk, looks delicious.
Perfect stew to go with appam or idiappam. yum
Ah, your stew is yellow! 🙂 I also like it with a pinch of turmeric…