1 1/2 cup puttu podi
1/2-3/4 cup grated coconut
1 cup / 1 ripe mango, chopped
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
water as required
- Peel and chop mango into small cubes and mix this with 2 tbsp of grated coconut and 1 tsp of sugar and keep it aside.
- Mix little salt in water and add this water little by little to the puttu podi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
- To prepare puttu, take a puttu maker ( I used chiratta puttu maker) and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then 1- 1 1/2 tbsp mango mix and then add the puttu podi .
- Top it with another layer of mango mix and some grated coconut.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker. Remove it to a plate and serve hot…