1- 1 1/2 cup idli batter ( for 15 button/ mini idli’s)
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
2-3 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
salt to taste
- First prepare the button / mini idlis.. Grease the mini idli moulds with little oil and spoon/pour the batter in each hole.
- Then steam cook it for 10-12 minutes .Switch off the flame and remove the moulds and keep it aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Then carefully remove the idli’s from the moulds using a spoon and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan and add chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and onion and saute well till onion turns golden.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and vegetable stock and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add cornflour to this and mix well. When it starts to thicken, add chopped coriander leaves and spring onion and mix well.
- Then add prepared 15 button idli’s and mix well for 2-3 minutes for the sauce to coat well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot…