3 drumsticks/ muringakka, cut into pieces
1 large onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, cubed
3 green chillies, slit
2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a claypot/ pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the sliced onion, green chillies and curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the drumstick pieces, cubed tomato and salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add 1 cup of water to this and mix well for 1-2 minutes. Then add 1 more cup of water , mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Then cook it covered till done, stirring occasionally. Check for salt, and add if required.
- Remove from the flame and serve with rice…