2 cups plain flour
1 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Peel and cut carrots into small pieces and microwave or cook it with 1/4 cup of water till it turns tender. Cool and then grind it with 1/4 cup of water to a smooth puree.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, yeast, sugar, egg, salt and required amount of carrot puree and mix well.
- Knead it well to make a soft dough and keep it aside, covered for 3-4 hours.
- Then knead it again and roll the dough in a floured surface using a rolling pin and cut out star shapes or any desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and deep fry the batura’s on both sides. Drain on paper towels and serve…