10-12 big prawns, cleaned with tails intact
1/4 cup tender coconut/ karikku, thinly sliced
2 tsp ginger, sliced
2 tsp garlic, chopped
2 green chillies, sliced
10-12 shallots, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
2 dry red chillies
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp coconut paste (grind little grated coconut adding 1-2 tbsp water till smooth)
a pinch of fenugreek powder
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute for 30 seconds on medium flame.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute well. Add sliced shallots and saute well till transparent.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add cleaned prawns ,tomatoes and lemon juice and mix well. Add salt and little water to this, mix well and allow to boil.
- Then add coconut paste and mix well. Add sliced tender coconut and mix well till masala is well coated with prawns and tender coconut.
- Add a pinch of fenugreek powder and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve hot…
- Adjust the spice level to your taste…
love the presentation, looks super yumm..never tried this combo,delicious 🙂
I have never had a curry with Karikku… love the curry… looks yum