4-5 medium crabs, cleaned
1 piece ginger ( 1 tbsp) , chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3-4 green chillies, slit
1 onion, sliced
1 cup grated coconut
2 piece of cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 1/2-2 tsp chilli powder
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut the crab into pieces and clean it and keep it aside. Peel and chop potatoes into cubes.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the grated coconut with peppercorns, cardamoms and cinnamon till brown.
- Switch off and then grind it to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a clay pot or pan and add cleaned crabs, 2 tsp chopped ginger, 2 chopped garlic, 1-2 slit green chillies, 1/2 sliced onion, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp coconut oil, cubed potatoes, curry leaves and salt and mix well.
- Then add enough water to cook and cook it covered till done.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in another pan and add remaining ginger, garlic, green chillies, onion, shallots and curry leaves and saute till light brown.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder to this and mix well.
- Add cooked crabs along with potatoes and required water and mix well. Adjust the salt and allow it to boil.
- Then add the ground coconut paste, mix well and cook it for about 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
- Add little coconut oil on top and remove from flame…Serve hot