1 cup karikku / elaneer / tender coconut pulp
1 cup tender coconut water
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup condensed milk
3-4 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp ghee
3 cashew nuts, chopped
few strands of saffron
- In a blender, add tender coconut water and half of the tender coconut pulp and blend well. Keep it aside.
- Chop the remaining tender coconut pulp into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat the milk in a sauce pan and when it starts boiling, add the condensed milk and sugar and mix well. Keep stirring until the mixture reaches the required consistency.
- Then add the blended tender coconut mixture and the chopped tender coconut pieces and mix well.
- Add in the cardamom powder and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and roast the cashew nuts until light golden.
- Add the fried cashew nuts and saffron strands to the payasam and serve warm or chilled…