250 gm okra, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 big tomato, chopped into small pieces(remove its seeds)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
oil as required
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the okra pieces and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil used for frying okra ( remove excess oil) and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add sliced onion and green chillies and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder and saute well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chopped tomato and saute well till it turns soft. Add salt to this and mix well.
- Then add the fried okra and stir well till the masala is well coated with okra.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with rice….