1 cup peechinga / ridge gourd, chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 cup yoghurt
3 green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
- Peel and chop peechinga into small pieces and cook it in a pan adding 2 slit green chillies, salt and enough water.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, 1 green chilly and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds to a smooth paste.
- Mix this ground coconut paste with yoghurt and then add to the cooked peechinga, mix well and heat in low flame for 2-3 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Check for salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the curry…Serve with rice…