1/2 kg prawns
3 medium potatoes
3 onions, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tomatoes, chopped
3 green chillies, slit
4-5 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2-1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
oil as required
chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Boil potatoes, peel it and cut it into cubes and keep it aside.
- Clean the prawns and marinate it with 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan and fry and shallow fry the marinated prawns for 3-4 minutes and keep it aside.
- In the same oil ( add more if required) , add chopped onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste,green chillies and curry leaves and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Then add 2-3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes to this and saute well until the tomatoes becomes soft and mushy.
- Now add the boiled potatoes and fried prawns and mix well. Check for salt and adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- Cover with a lid and cook for few minutes until the masala is well coated with prawns and potatoes..Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot..