300 gm fish pieces
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
3/4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, slit
1/2 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tomato, chopped
2 tsp tamarind soaked in 1/4 cup of water
2 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
oil as required
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add grated coconut, fennel seeds and shallots and roast it in low flame till light brown.
- Then add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder to this and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and then grind it to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or manchatty and add chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato to this and saute well till soft.
- Then add ground coconut paste, tamarind water and enough water ( 1/2-1 cup) and mix well.
- When it boils, add cleaned fish pieces and salt and cook covered till done at low flame.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds. Then add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Switch off the flame and add this to the prepared curry.. Serve hot with pathiri, neer dosa etc…