1 cup sliced kovakka / ivy gourd
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup yoghurt
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
oil as required
- Cut kovakka into thin slices. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a pan and fry the sliced kovakka till crispy and golden brown at medium flame. Remove them from the flame and drain on paper towels.
- Grind together grated coconut, green chillies, cumin seeds and 1/4 tsp mustard seeds to a fine paste.
- Mix this coconut paste with yoghurt and salt.
- In a pan, add the fried kovakka and coconut-yoghurt mixture and mix well and heat in low flame for 1-2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and fry dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the curry. Serve with rice….