After 2 months break, Muslim Food Blogger’s Challenge is back and the theme chosen for this month is ” Back to school lunch box ideas”. Most of the days my kids prefer sandwiches, but occasionally they like to have fried rice, pasta etc in their lunchbox. Today’s recipe is a simple and tasty fried rice that can be done quickly with leftover rice..
1 1/2-2 cups cooked basmati / raw rice
1/2-1 tsp pepper powder
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 carrot, finely chopped
1/2 capsicum, finely chopped
1 tsp soy sauce
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, add eggs and beat along with salt and pepper powder until well combined.
- Heat oil in a pan and pour beaten egg and scramble it well at low flame.
- Then add the chopped onion, carrot and capsicum and mix well for 2 minutes at high flame. Don’t over cook the vegetables, must retains its crunchiness…
- Now add the cooked rice and enough salt and stir well till it gets heated up.
- Add the soy sauce to this and mix well. Adjust the pepper powder and salt and remove from the flame..
- You can add any vegetables of your kid’s choice…