15-18 prawns, cleaned
1/2 tsp pepper corns
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp tamarind
salt to taste
1 tsp rice flour
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat a pan and dry roast pepper corns, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and coriander seeds.
- Remove it from the flame and then grind it with tamarind adding 1 tbsp of water.
- In a bowl, add the ground paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the cleaned prawns to this and marinate/ coat well with the masala and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Just before frying, add rice flour to the marinated prawns and mix well.
- Heat little oil in a pan/ tawa and shallow fry the marinated prawns with curry leaves till brown at low-medium flame.
- Remove from the tawa and serve hot…