1 1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup white aval / rice flakes
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp yeast
1 tsp coconut oil
salt to taste
- Soak aval in little water for 10 minutes.
- Grind together rice flour, grated coconut, soaked aval, sugar, yeast and coconut oil to a smooth paste adding about 2 cups of water.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix well ( adjust water ) and keep it covered for fermentation for 7 hours. Then add salt and mix well.
- Heat an appachatti on medium flame and grease it with little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter to the pan and rotate the pan in a circular manner.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low flame till the appam is cooked well and the edges start turning brown.
- Remove the appam from the pan and transfer it to a plate. Repeat the same with the remaining batter..Serve with any curry of your choice…