250 gm ripe pumpkin / mathanga, chopped
1 big green chilli, chopped
2 cup less sour yoghurt
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop pumpkin into pieces.
- In a pan, add chopped pumpkin and green chilli and cook it adding enough water and salt till all the water dries up and gets cooked.
- Switch off the flame and mash it lightly with a wooden ladle. ( Don’t mash too much)..
- In a bowl, add yoghurt and beat well with a spoon. Add this to the cooked pumpkin and mix well.
- Add chilli powder over the pachadi…Don’t mix it now…
- Heat oil in another small pan and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Pour this seasoning ( keep little aside for garnishing) over chilli powder and add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with reserved seasoning….Serve with rice…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven