salt to taste
oil for deep frying
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them lengthwise to get long rectangular pieces.
- Soak them in water for about an hour, changing the water occasionally, 3-4 times.
- Boil water in a deep bowl adding enough salt. Reduce the flame and add the potatoes and let it cook for about 3-5 minutes, till the potatoes are half cooked.
- Drain the water immediately and dry out completely the potatoes with a kitchen towel.
- Transfer these potatoes to a zip lock bag and freeze it for about 4-5 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add the frozen potatoes to the hot oil and fry till golden.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel. Serve hot with tomato ketchup….