1 kg mutton
1 cup / 20-25 shallots, peeled
2-3 green chillies
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3-4 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 -1 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
3/4-1 cup of hot water
salt to taste
2 sprigs curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut mutton into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Crush together the shallots and green chillies using small jar of a blender and keep it aside.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp coconut oil in a pressure cooker over medium flame and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the crushed shallot-green chilli mixture, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and salt and saute until they turn golden brown for about 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce the flame and add in the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and pepper powder and cook until their raw smell leaves.
- Add the chopped tomato and saute until the tomato is mashed up and oil separates.
- Add garam masala and mix well. Add mutton pieces, few curry leaves and enough salt and mix well.
- Add enough hot water and cover with the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles at medium flame. Reduce the flame and cook for 2 whistles.
- Open the cooker when the pressure releases and taste check for salt. Adjust the gravy according to your required consistency.
- Add few curry leaves and mix well. Serve with idiyappam, appam, ghee rice etc…
Recipe Source: Yummy O Yummy