1/2 kg beef, cut into pieces
2 big onions, thinly sliced
2 big tomatoes, thinly sliced
3 green chillies, slit
3/4 tsp ginger, crushed
3/4 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp fennel powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
5 tsp coconut oil
salt to taste
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a pressure cooker and add the fenugreek seeds and fry till brown.
- Add sliced onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well.
- Add slice tomato and saute till soft.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel powder and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add cleaned beef and salt and mix well and cook it covered for 1 whistle.
- Then reduce the flame to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the chopped shallots and saute well till brown.
- Add curry leaves and cooked beef along with its gravy to this and boil well until the gravy thickens and the water almost dries up.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with pathiri, ghee rice , neer dosa etc…