1 1/2 cup puttu flour / puttu podi
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 1/2 cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 big onion, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- In a sauce pan, boil water with little salt and turmeric powder and add cauliflower florets and cook them till tender. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Mix the puttupodi with little salt and add water little by little to the puttu podi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and saute well till soft adding little salt.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to this and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomato and cook till mushy and soft.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and mix well for a minute.
- Add little water to this and when it boils, add the cooked cauliflower and mix well.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes till it becomes thick and coats well with the masala.
- Adjust the salt and add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- To prepare the puttu, take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then the cauliflower masala and then add puttu podi as the third layer. Repeat the process, till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot….