2 cups spinach / palak, chopped
3/4 cup sweetcorn, fresh or frozen
1 cup basmati rice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
pepper powder, to taste
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Wash the rice and cook in a deep pan adding enough water and salt till done. Drain the water and spread the rice over a broad plate and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add the garlic and the white part of spring onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and cook till the extra moisture dries up, stirring continuously.
- Now add the sweetcorn and cook for a minute. Add the salt and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice , soy sauce, pepper powder and sugar and saute for about 2 minutes at high flame.
- Add the green part of spring onion , mix well and switch off the flame…