1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup icing sugar/ confectioners sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
8 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
food colors (orange, white and green)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree celcius. Grease a madeleine pan and keep it aside.
- Sift plain flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla essence on high until well mixed.
- Add icing sugar and continue mixing until all combined.
- Add sifted flour mixture little by little mixing well in between.
- Then slowly add in butter, stirring continuously ( or mix using beater at low speed ) until it has been completely incorporated.
- Separate batter into 3 bowls and tint each bowl with orange, white and green food colors.
- Transfer the tinted batters into 3 separate ziplock bags and make a small snip on the corner tip of each one.
- Pipe color layers into each madeleine mold and tap the pan a few times to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly, and then turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.