1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
a pinch of cardamom powder
1 1/4 cup mango puree
1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a baking pan with butter and dust it with flour (or spray with a cooking spray).
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom powder and keep it aside.
- Place the blueberries in a separate bowl and toss the berries with 1 tbsp flour mixture ( this will help prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking.)
- In a large mixing bowl, add mango puree and oil and beat well.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence to this and beat again.
- Add the flour mixture and fold gently until you have a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in a wire rack , then cut into slices and serve…