1 medium ripe tomato
1 tbsp cashew nuts
1/4 onion, chopped
1 piece ginger
6 garlic cloves
1 tsp + 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 tbsp ghee
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 black cardamom
1 bay leaf
1 green cardamom
small piece cinnamon
1 medium tomato,chopped
2-3 tbsp capsicum, chopped
3/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 green chilli, chopped
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp fresh cream
1 tsp butter
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
salt to taste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
a pinch of cardamom powder
2 tsp grated cheese
- Boil the eggs, peel it and make gashes and keep it aside
- Heat 2 tsp ghee / oil in a pan and add 1 chopped tomato, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, 1/4 of an onion chopped and saute till tomatoes slightly cooked.
- Add 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder to this and saute well. Add water as required and cook covered for about 5 minutes. Keep it aside to cool and then grind to a paste.
- In a pan, add little oil and add boiled eggs, a pinch of chilli powder and salt. Shake the pan and when the colour changes, remove the eggs from the pan.
- In the same oil, add cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add finely chopped garlic and 1 onion and cook adding little salt till soft.
- Add bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon and 1 medium tomato chopped and saute well till oil separates.
- Add chopped capsicum and mix well.
- Then add ground paste and mix well. Add little water and saute well till the oil separates.
- Add 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and 1 green chilli chopped and saute well till raw smell goes for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water or as required, enough salt and 1/4 tsp sugar and allow to boil. Then remove the whole spices from the gravy.
- Add fresh cream and mix well. Add butter and kasuri methi and mix.
- Now add eggs , mix and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves. a pinch of cardamom powder and little grated cheese and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve….
Recipe Source: Mahima’s Cooking Class (YouTube)