1 cup tender coconut flesh / pulp
1 cup tender coconut water
5 gm china grass
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar (adjust to your sweetness)
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup vermicelli / falooda sev
1 1/2 tbsp basil seeds / sabja seeds
vanilla / tender coconut ice cream, as required
cashew nuts, chopped
- Soak china grass in 1/2 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, boil tender coconut water and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Add soaked china grass into this and cook until china grass dissolves completely.
- Switch off the flame and pour it into a tray / plate and refrigerate until set. Then cut it into small pieces.. Tender coconut jelly is ready..
- Soak basil seeds in 1/2 cup of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the falooda sev / vermicelli in boiling water for 4-5 minutes or till it softens. Drain it and keep it aside.
- In a blender, add tender coconut flesh/ pulp , 1/2 cup of sugar (or as required) and milk and blend well and keep it aside.
- To assemble, in 2-3 serving glasses add 2 tbsp basil seeds and then layer with 2 tbsp cooked vermicelli.
- Pour tender coconut juice ( step 7) and then add tender coconut jelly pieces and chopped cashew nuts.
- Top it with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with some tender coconut jelly, sliced almonds and cherries….Serve immediately..
- You can use any nuts, other coloured jellies etc…