2 big ripe bananas / plantains / nendrapazham
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup grated jaggery
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 cup + 3-4 tbsp plain flour
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of turmeric powder
a pinch of salt
oil, for frying
- Cut the bananas/ plantains into pieces and steam cook until it turns soft.
- Peel off their skin and mash well without any lumps.
- Add grated coconut, grated jaggery and cardamom powder to this and mix well.
- Add 3-4 tbsp plain flour, mix well and knead well to a dough.
- Make lemon sized balls out of this dough and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup plain flour, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, salt and water as required and mix together to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Dip each of the balls in the prepared batter and carefully drop into hot oil.
- Deep fry it on medium flame till all sides are golden brown.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve with tea..