2 cups puttu podi / rice flour
3/4 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
water, as required
plantain leaf, as required
- Cut plantain leaf into long sheets. Roll each into a cylindrical shape and secure using a tooth pick.
2. Mix the puttupodi with little salt and add water little by little to the puttu podi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps. Keep it aside.
3. Place the rolled plantain leaves in an idli steamer.
4. Add a spoonful of grated coconut into each plantain leaf roll.
5. Then add the puttupodi and top it with another layer of grated coconut.
6. Steam cook for 15 minutes. Switch off the flame and remove carefully to a plate and serve with kadala curry / banana or any curry of your choice….