2 cups red spinach / cheera, chopped
2 onions, sliced
2 green chillies, finely chopped
small piece ginger, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of asafoetida
4 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp cornflour
salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a bowl, add chopped cheera, sliced onion, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well with hand. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, add plain flour, rice flour and cornflour and mix well.
- Add cheera mixture to this and mix well. Then add water as required little by little and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop little mixture to the oil using hand and fry them on batches till it turns golden brown at medium flame.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve hot with tea or coffee..