2 medium potatoes
1 small beetroot
1 small onion, sliced
2 green chillies, slit
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of asafoetida
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes and beetroot and then pressure cook for 1 whistle. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and lightly mash them and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and toss till the colour starts to change.
- Add slit green chillies, chopped ginger, few curry leaves and a pinch of asafoetida and saute for a minute.
- Add sliced onion and saute well till onion turns transparent.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add cooked potato and beetroot and mix well. Then add 1/2 cup of hot water and salt , mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve with puri, chapati etc…