1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a baking pan with butter / baking spray or line with baking paper.
- Sift together plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- In a blender, add chopped bananas and sugar and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add oil, vanilla essence and vinegar and whisk and mix till well combined.
- Add flour mixture to this and fold gently until you have a smooth thick batter.
- Then add 1/2 cup of water and mix well to a smooth batter.
- Add chopped walnuts and mix gently. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan, tap well and sprinkle chocolate chips.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in a wire rack , then cut into slices and serve…