1 bunch red spinach / chuvanna cheera
15 jackfruit seeds / chakkakuru, peeled and sliced
1 medium raw mango, peeled and sliced
3 slit green chillies
1 1/4 cup grated coconut
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp coconut oil
salt to taste
- Separate the leaves and stems of spinach and wash it properly. Finely chop the leaves and cut the stems into pieces.
- Crush grated coconut , green chillies, shallots and cumin seeds together and keep it aside.
- In a wide pan / manchatti , add sliced jackfruit seeds, chilli powder and turmeric powder and cook adding about 1 cup of water.
- When 3/4 th cooked, add spinach stems and salt and cook covered till completely cooked and water is mostly evaporated.
- Add mango pieces to this and mix well.
- Then add crushed coconut mixture and chopped spinach leaves, mix well and cook covered at low flame till done.
- Adjust the salt and add coconut oil and a few curry leaves.
- Switch off the flame and keep it covered for 5 minutes and mix gently…Serve with rice….