4 raw plantains / raw banana / pachakaya / kaya
1/2 cup prawns, cleaned ( I used small prawns)
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 cup grated coconut
3 green chillies
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1-2 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and chop the plantains into pieces.
- In a pressure cooker, add chopped plantains, prawns, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and salt and cook it adding 1 cup of water for 1 whistle.
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies, shallots, garlic cloves, fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and few curry leaves together to a coarse mixture.
- Add this mixture to the cooked plantain and mix well. Adjust the salt and cook covered for 4-5 minutes at low flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the puzhukku and mix well. Serve with rice or kanji…