400 gm paneer, cut into cubes
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
12-15 cashew nuts
1-2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 1/2-3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4-1/2 tsp sugar
1 cup hot water / milk
1/4 cup fresh cream
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
a pinch of garam masala
3 tbsp paneer, grated
2 tsp + 2 tbsp + 1 tsp butter
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
- In a pan, add 2 tsp butter, chopped tomatoes, green chilli, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts, cardamoms, cloves, salt and 1 cup of water ( or as required ) and cook it covered for 30 minutes.
- Then grind to a very smooth paste using a blender adding about 2 tbsp of water. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in the pan over medium flame and add chopped onion and saute until lightly golden.
- Add the ground paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and saute until the raw smell completely disappears.
- Add sugar, hot water / milk and bring to a slow boil, stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer cubes and cook for 2 minutes over low flame.
- Add fresh cream and kasuri methi and cook for a minute. Adjust the salt and add garam masala and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add grated paneer, 1 tsp butter and chopped coriander leaves.. Serve with naan, pulao, chapati etc…
Recipe Source: Yummy O Yummy