500 gm chicken, cut into small pieces
12-15 whole dried kashmiri chillies
3 garlic cloves
1/4 inch ginger
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp rice flour
salt to taste
coconut oil, for frying
- Grind together the whole dried kashmiri chillies, garlic, ginger, fennel seeds and lemon juice to a coarse mixture using a small mixer/ a mortar and pestle.
- In a bowl, take the cleaned chicken pieces and add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, crushed chilli mix (reserve a tablespoon of the mix aside to add at the end of the frying process) and salt.
- Mix well and marinate the chicken well and keep it aside for an hour.
- Add curry leaves and rice flour to the marinated chicken and mix well.
- Heat coconut oil in a deep pan/ kadai and fry the marinated chicken in batches for 8-10 minutes over medium flame, until both sides are cooked.
- When the last batch of chicken is cooked, add reserved chilli mix to the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add this over the fried chicken pieces and then serve…