1/2 kg cleaned mussels / kallummakaya
1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped
2 sprig curry leaves
1 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp fennel powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp vinegar
salt to taste
coconut oil, as required
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add sliced shallots and curry leaves and saute well until it becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute well for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, fennel powder and garam masala and mix well at low flame till raw smell goes.
- Add cleaned mussels, enough salt and vinegar into this and mix well. Cook covered for few minutes.
- Then add about 2 tbsp of oil and roast/ fry well till the masala is well coated with the mussels.
- Add few curry leaves, mix well and switch off the flame. Serve hot…