2 cups plain flour
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
3 tsp brown sugar / white sugar
1/2 cup + 1/2 cup warm water
3 tbsp olive oil
pizza sauce as required, homemade or ready-made
grated / shredded mozzarella cheese, as required
16-18 slices pepperoni
1/2 capsicum, chopped
2 jalapenos, chopped
- In a bowl / mug, add yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup warm water and mix well. Keep it covered for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add plain flour, milk powder, baking powder and salt and mix well using whisk.
- Add olive oil to this and mix well using hand till soft.
- Then add yeast mix and about 1/2 cup of warm water, mix well and knead well to a soft dough.
- Place it in a bowl and spread oil all over and keep it covered for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Grease a baking / pizza tray with oil and line with a parchment paper and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp semolina on the base of the tray.
- Knead the dough again and take 1/2 of the dough and roll to a smooth ball and flatten into circle.
- Transfer it to the pizza tray and prick all over with a fork and keep it covered for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius and bake the pizza base for 10-12 minutes.
- Then take it out from the oven and spread/ cover with pizza sauce.
- Top it with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, capsicum and jalapeno. Then sprinkle some more cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts and sides of the pizza base turns golden.
- Remove from oven, let it sit for about 2-3 minutes, cut it into pieces and serve….