2 cups idli batter (or as required)
1 cup chicken, cut into small pieces
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fennel powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp oil
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, fennel powder and salt and saute well.
- Add chicken pieces and mix everything well.
- Add about half cup of water, mix well and cook until dry and the masala is well coated with chicken and oil separates.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Keep it aside to cool.
- Grease the idli plates, pour 1/4 of the plate with idli batter and add 1 tbsp of chicken masala to the idli batter.
- Pour another 1/4 of idli batter on the top and spread it to cover the chicken masala.
- Place them in the steamer, close with a tight lid and steam cook for 12 minutes or until idlis get cooked well.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool. Then remove the idlis from the plates using the spoon and serve….