1/2 kg chicken, cleaned
400-500 gm pacha chakka / raw jackfruit, cut into pieces
1 cup chakkakuru / jackfruit seeds
1 1/2-2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 green chillies, chopped
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
3 shallots, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned chicken pieces, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, curry leaves and salt and cook adding 1/2 cup of water for 1-2 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and add chopped jackfruit and jackfruit seeds, mix well and cook again for 2 whistles.
- Open the cooker and mix well. Adjust the salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced shallots and curry leaves and fry till shallots turn brown.
- Pour this into cooked jackfruit chicken mixture and mix well. Serve hot…