400 gm prawns / chemmeen, cleaned
1 tbsp + 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp + 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
small piece cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut bits
1 cup shallots, sliced
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1-2 tsp red chilli flakes
1 tbsp tomato sauce
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Clean the prawns and marinate it with 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and salt and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated prawns and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon and coconut bits and saute.
- Add chopped shallots and saute well.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala and mix well.
- Add red chilli flakes and tomato sauce and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water into this and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dry red chillies, fried prawns and curry leaves and mix well till combined. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame…Serve hot…